Monday, August 24, 2015

The gift that keeps on grilling

So I don't know if I've ever mentioned this in any of my posts, if I have forgive me cause I love to give a shout out to how wonderful my husband is and if I haven't...well let me tell you now that he is a KEEPER!!  I am extremely lucky to have him in mine and my sons life. 

I had a nice little surprise for me when I got home from work the other day.  He had found a little grill at our local hardware store for $15...That's it!!  I guess I'm not too hard to please cause I  pretty smitten with this little unit.  It's smaller, but there are some nights when I am only cooking for the 2 of us and we don't need all the room.

What to cook?? What to cook??  Hmmmmm. Someone had suggested kabobs when I posted a picture on Facebook.  And that was it..... Kabobbies it was!!
We soaked our wooden skewers in water while cutting up our vegetables.  We also marinaded out chicken and our steak for a few hours before cooking.
We used summer squash, zucchini. Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and a red & green bell pepper.

We were able to fit 4 on this little grill at a time, which isn't too bad.  We had 8 to cook.
These kabobs came out soooo good!!
Don't be afraid of a little black, or burn on your meat and veggies... That's what gives it all the flavor!!
So make sure your grill is nice and hot.  Cook for about 20-30 minutes and turn about every 10 or so, so they get a nice even cook all the way around.
These were so delicious.  Use your favorite marinades for your meats and your favorite vegetables and cook up a side of rice for this delicious dish!!


No comments:

Post a Comment