Saturday, July 18, 2015

Still licking my fingers over this one!



This weekends smoke...St Louis Style pork ribs.  The rub is a new experiment using  fresh ground coffee and reduced salt (my sister'request).  Total smoke time: 5.5 hours at 225-235. smoked on Oak and Hickory. Slathered with Sweet Baby Ricky's BBQ sauce ( my take on Sweet Baby Rays).

The good news...they tasted great, super tender and moist with a great bark. The bad news...overcooked them a touch. While most people would be stoked with tasty ribs that are "falling off the bone" tender, it will not fly in competition BBQ.  I'm not altogether disappointed...they really were good, but I'm not looking for "good". I'm looking for GREAT! I will find it on my smoker eventually. For now, more practice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment